ADVERTISEMENT

Hey TMAN .. Observations about 2013 Soccer Class

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
In looking at College Soccer News lists of the top players for the Class of 2013, 8 of the top 50 players are from the state of Texas.

It is hard to believe with that level of talent only one ( 1 ) Division I program in the state of Texas ( SMU ) plays major collegiate soccer.

Good news is that two of Kellyn Acosta's teammates at FC Dallas ... Alex Frankenfeld, A defender ranked # 30, and Bobby Edet, a forward ranked #18 are in College Soccer News top 30.

The bad news both Frankenfeld and Edet both play for high schools in Dallas Texas, the home of SMU. Here's hoping they want to go away to college !!

Hey Poly....lots to talk about. I was out of town for work. Sasho is making a major haul for big run for the cup for the next two years. You hit the numbers on some of your comments. Sasho is loading up for 2013, might be a case of some defections among the terps juniors on Sasho's current squad. Still , you need to take a napkin to wipe our sheep eatN grins off our faces to the haul that Sasho is bringing in. I don't think Sasho is done with the 2013 class as I would not be suprised that Sasho brings in another top flight striker.

Some interesting observations coming on my part.... Tman

More thoughts - Acosta commit impact

I've got two emails out to a couple of sets of bird dog eyes. Sasho is simply loading up the dam as he continues to build the dyke on the back four. With the commits of Dakota Edwards, Mike Ambrose and now Acosta, we're talking about all three kids having major academy and 17 us time with the national squad.

As you mention the terps could indeed be on Sadet (Acosta teammate). The kid that the champagne cork will pop if Sasho lands Kekuta Manneh Texas F whose a five star stud from Texas. I know Sasho is on the kid and I believe Manneh is going to visit Maryland shortly.

The aspect of all of this though is everything is relative. As soon as you see Maryland snare Acosta, Virginia snares Jordan Allen , a kid Maryland wanted badly along with Arizona star Riggs Lennon. Then you have Wake snaring Mike Gamble and Jalen Robinson and we know what Wake is getting and Wake is loaded and young. Jay Velenovitch (sp?) is loading up again. JV just snared Colin Martin of DC United who happened to be DC 17 and under leading scorer.

And yea, there's UNC just simply reloads on a NC season. UNC though will have a hard time replacing Enzio Martinez and Billy Shuler. UNC may fall a bit this year.

ACC lookN tough for certain.

And for 2014,.... Dakota Edwards , Maryland commit coming in this September and whose from Bayville NY just happend to leave behind at his Albertson SC club the number 1 player in the country up there for the 2014 class. Dylan Greenberg is a stud coming up who could turn pro early when he's eligible. Maryland I know for a fact is on him and have as good a shot at him as anybody. As we've seen Sasho is buidling the dyke up on the back 4 as the last two season there's been some leaks in front of the goalie. The beat goes on...

Part 2 - Ludwig Calling

The latest.... my set of eyes have come through again on 2 big tyme prospects down in Texas. Bobby Sadet and Kentuna Manneh, two stone cold killers that can put the ball in the net. Manneh is a drop dead finisher. He gets the ball , makes space for himself with tremendous quickness and strength and lets off with a blistering shot with either phoot. Sadet is a hair below Mannah and his work ethic is tremendous. My set of eyes believes that what Sasho brought in for the 2012 class (Francoise and Donovan Fraser) that he thinks Sasho has addressed the striker spot quite nicely. However, this bird dog scout told me "if you can get Sadet or Manneh, you have to take em, those two kids are tremendous".

t.
This post was edited on 2/13 2:29 PM by TMAN

Hey TMAN

When are the school in Texas going to wake up, and start playing Division One Soccer. Hopefully, not in my lifetime. Their loss has been our gain. Numerous Times !!!!

Re: Hey TMAN

Lets hope they never get it. Big oil epicenter for talent to say the least for the Colleges to mine (make Maryland # 1 going down to the long horn state for mining the high school talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT