ADVERTISEMENT

Hey TMAN ... McDonogh Finally Loses in MIAA

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
After beating Gilman Monday in a battle of the top two teams in the MIAA on Monday, McDonogh came down to earth and lost 1-0 to Curley yesterday. I don't know whether it was playing two days in a row, or the Curley field ( relatively small field, you would have to see it to know what I mean ).
This is the same Curley team that they dominated early in the year, winning 6-0.

http://www.varsitysportsnetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=984%3Acurley-shocks-no-1-mcdonogh-1-0&catid=31%3Afeature&Itemid=146&75f4d8b54adb538582adf3f176a29eac=vcae5a36i46f0hg03u24h86203

That's a shock to me. Correct me if I'm wrong but they have Malcom Harris and our star forward on the team? Correct?

Also isn't Jalen on that team as well?

Also I saw where Sunny Jane broke through last night against Lehigh with 2 goals. U can make the case that Sunny Jane and Mullins they are the two top strikers in the country via on the same team. What's scary.... they're not starting. Helluva weapon for Sasho to bring these two laser beams off the bench. This will be big with it's money time.

tman.

Yes , McDonogh has Griggs, Harris and Gamble. Jalen Robinson plays for Mount St. Joe.

I think fatigue could have been a factor in the game. They played an extremely physical game against Gilman on Monday. But, more importantly, Curley field is a great advantage for their team. It is an extremely small field, and their team can really play the defense at times, and give you little or no room to operate. When the game was play at Mcdonogh earlier this year, McDonogh, with a much larger space to operate, totally dominated Curley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT