ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye, Ethan White

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Not much of a surprise here: White signs with DC United. He was in their youth program for some time, so this is probably a natural fit, better than taking his chances in the MLS Draft. I just hope the club shows some patience as they are in what is likely to be a long rebuilding cycle that is just going to have to run its course. White could be one of the premier defenders in the league if given time to develop.

White Signs w/ DC United

Good player however

Maryland should be fine. Sasho has Marquez Fernandez coming out of RS year, along with Parade All American Daniel Metzger coming in whose in the mold *reportedly* of ex Marylander Dan Califf. Also don't drop your shorts if Sasho moves Helge Leikvang the frosh defensive midfielder to the back four in the spring. This kid as a frosh impressed me the most (outside of Sunny Jane) among all the frosh. He's a defensive terror and holds the mid together quite nicely when he was in there. No doubt the back four will have Sasho's attention and these are the suspects I see trying to plug the holes.

Good luck to Ethan.

LOL

I promise I will not take off my pants if I see Leikvang at center back -- now that you mention it, it makes sense. I have never seen Metzger but if the reports are he is similar to Califf then I assume he is a big bruiser with decent mobility. Kenney Bertz was like that too and both were smart players. Redshirting Fernandez made sense in a lot of ways, not the least of which being I thought his local fans were making him the next big thing. Well, he might actually be the next big thing, but I am glad he had time to settle into college. Yeah, Sunny Jane is going to be a factor and now that Herrick is gone (and possibly Townsend -- who knows!) then Jane is going to be a target. That said, as far as the forwards go, I liked John Stertzer every time I saw him, which wasn't often, but the kid can play and obviously Mullins made a serious impact. So, even if we have a wave of early departures to MLS (or wherever MacMath goes) there is still a lot of really nice talent. Ah, hope springs eternal around here.

This post was edited on 12/15 1:01 PM by Fekula

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT