ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Nite Lights- Ludwig

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Have to admit that when Duke Sean Davis scored the first goal , I said to myself it's going to be one of those nights. Davis just got back for Duke and I wanted to watch him. Some scouts thought Davis (not Shinsky) was the best player in the country (via the hs ranks). Sasho went after Davis but your not going to get every kid (not even Sasho). Davis was also a former club teammate of Dan Metzger (Maryland frosh). Metzger is going to be VERY VERY good. Maryland just reloads.

Another thing with the Maryland program, I know Sasho is pushing to have the stadium temporary bleachers taken out and have a permanent structure put into place. If Maryland can raise the dollars (of course) then that's the next feather in the cap for Sasho's program. I know he's pushing hard for this infrastructure to be put in place.

Back to the game. Nice to see Sunny Jane and Patrick Mullins notch some hole N ones last night. IMO, for Maryland to accomplish what they want against the iron they have to meet, Jane has to see the ball more in an attacking mode at the 18 line. This is one bit of strategy I'm waiting for Sasho to make an adjustment to as more teams are triple teaming Casey Townsend. Also nice to see Patrick Mullin notch his birdie for his six goal of the season. I saw a little relief from the young man last night as he's been in a dry spell.

Maryland also did a nice job on Andrew Wegner and Wegner and one real good chance last night but that was about it. The kid Papaduka (sp?), true frosh, is a kid I luv and he's going to be a star. How did Sasho miss him..wink wink.

The Sunny Jane red card,... not certain but I saw the referee motion of throwing an elbow. Anyhow he's out next game as well...ouch.

Tman

Well, we'll possibly see them both now for maybe the biggest game of the year at UNC this week with no Sunny Jane now.... Talk about getting your babtism under fire. Sasho is interesting in that he's been sort of unpredictable with subsitution pattern.

With only one loss on the records book, whom am I to question this Yugoslavian whose the CZAR of College Park.

t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT