ADVERTISEMENT

For Scott -- Can you provide an analysis on 2018 Basketball recruits talents/interests in MD?

Pikesville

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2003
This time of year we are bombarded with visits and stories of potential recruits' interest in Maryland, offers being extended, and coaches attending various showcases around the country. It can be quite dizzying for the average person here to separate those with real interest vs. players who just represent "names". I am asking if you could shrink the universe of potential recruits into a more realistic number of kids and produce a list, by (top 2-3 at each) position, of those that represent Maryland's top targets and how realistic they are to be signed. For example, who is the better player at the PG position, Immanuel Quickley vs. Prentiss Hubb? Or perhaps, who is the better fit for the Terps? Or, perhaps who does Md. have the best chance to sign? Do the same with the other four positions.

SG -- Keldon Johnson vs. Brandon Slater
SF -- Jalen Smith vs. Silvio De Sousa
PF -- Jalen Hoard vs. Louis King (or A. Wiggins or B. Golden)
C -- Moses Brown vs. David McCormack

I think a realistic analysis would go a long way toward managing fans' expectations. For example, a couple of months ago Moses Brown seemed to be a real possibility to Maryland. More recent articles make it it now appear that he is awaiting a Duke offer as a one-and-done player. Producing this listing and updating it as appropriate will provide added value to our experience here. I have noticed other Md. sites have put out listings of anyone associated in any way with Md.'s men's basketball recruiting. For me, that's too unwieldy. By keeping the list small, it's less work for your folks and better and more realistic information for us. Throw in the number of stars p/player and anything else you think is beneficial. Thanks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News