ADVERTISEMENT

First Live Period Open Thread

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
The first hoops live period of the spring got underway last night and the Terps were out in full force to check out the nation's top talent. Nike and Under Armour are both in Dallas this weekend, while adidas is spread out all over, including here in DC (I'll be checking out the action in DC today). Maryland was on hand at Under Armour last night and watched Team Rio, with Scottie Lewis, Bryan Antoine and new five-star Aidan Igiehon.

While that game was going on, the Terps' two 2019 commits, the Mitchell twins were also playing. After running with the DC Blue Devils last year, the Mitchell twins are now back with DC Premier. Both twins suffered from injuries this past season at Montverde but both played last night. Makhel finished with 10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assist and 2 blocks, while Makhi scored just 2 points to go along with 6 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals.

Meanwhile on the EYBL circuit, local powerhouse Team Takeover beat a very good Albany City Rocks team 62-50. Anthony Harris who has a Terps offer finished with 5 points and no assists. Jeremy Roach ran point. DeMatha's Justin Moore, another Takeover guard with a Terps offer, scored 11 points to go along with 8 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal. The biggest surprise though, was 2020 forward Terrance Williams going for 15 points and 5 rebounds in just 9 minutes of action against a City Rocks front court that includes five-star Isaiah Stewart. Maryland would be wise to go ahead and offer this one sooner rather than later.

Today, I'm looking forward to checking out a....well, LOADED Team Loaded Va., which features five-star big man Armando Bacot, top 25 2020 guard Earl Timberlake, Josh Nickelberry and local Rivals150 combo guard Sherif Kenny. The other guy I'm really interested in checking out is Karim Coulibaly, formerly of Riverdale Baptist. I really liked what I saw last spring and have heard he's improved leaps and bounds. He is at the bottom of the Rivals150 now, but he could be a legit top 50 prospect by the end of the summer.

Wil have more throughout the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News