ADVERTISEMENT

Deep breaths…

huehueterp

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2004
South Florida
So on Friday evening I rewatched Terps vs UVA from October in 2001. Shaun Hill was just beginning to find himself then, as was Nick Novak. UVA started 1 guy who was replaced by Matt Schaub who threw for alot of yards in that game. Shaun had a pick and Nick missed a kick and up to that point was largely underwhelming. Billy reminds me of Shaun but a wee bit more precise in his first 2 games this year. Shaun had similar size and ran effectively, while not a burner. Game was a slugfest. Terps won. Fast forward to yesterday…

Billy, only known before last week as an effective runner, went 26-34 253 yards with 2 passing TD’s and 1 on the ground along with the INT, vs a decent B1G defense in MSU. They only punted 4 times. The running game was lacking, but our passer did a very effective job of passing. Shaun ran more vs a stout UVA than Billy vs MSU but the ground game of those Terp teams wasn’t set up like it is now. I like Billy. They were a field goal and an offsides penalty away from victory.

The D was atrocious, but the MSU QB completed 4 or 5 big passes either while getting hit or getting drilled just after release. The front 7 did not live up to their billing and the corners got roasted. Fix it.

Terps lost a game they coulda shoulda won. That’s happened under every Terp HC in my lifetime, sometimes in mysterious ways. Game 3 next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.