ADVERTISEMENT

Charlottesville

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Virginia game was interesting for Maryland. Played "scared" for the 10 ten minutes, played with purpose when they were down by 1 goal. Played with little intensity when the score was 1 - 1. I'm sure Sasho wasn't too happy but like me , he wanted to this team under duress and he got a view. Sasho will work the kinks out. One thing I would like to see is for Sasho to put Sunny Jane up front when Patrick Mullins sits. That kid needs to see the ball more. Wouldn't be suprised an adjustment is coming.

Serious though Maryland should of had at least 5 goals last night. Virginia was fortunate but in soccer u cash N on your chances and Virginia did that. If they meet again, Maryland will be ready for them.
This post was edited on 10/10 11:50 AM by TMAN

One Thing I liked TMAN. That was the first time that I saw Metzger play. He looks like he could become a prime time player.

Agree...truth be told , I like Metzger better than Shinsky. Look for Sasho to signed a big tyme front striker IMO for the 2013 class ...

Tman.
This post was edited on 10/10 8:20 AM by TMAN
This post was edited on 10/10 8:20 AM by TMAN

UVA game raises the same questions

First, thanks for you post on this. I continue to find myself back at the same questions we had in the preseason. On the one hand, you can look at this as Maryland taking a tough loss on the road in the ACC against a traditional rival that is always tough -- Maryland as usual having a target on their back, either because of their high ranking or, well, because they are Maryland.

At the same time, I look at the score and think about the guys who left early for the pros. Would Maryland give up those goals if Zac MacMath and Ethan White were still in the defense? Would UVA had that much possession in the first place if Matt Kassel was still in the midfield? I say the answer to both questions is no. Therefore, once again Maryland is doing great things with a squad that includes guys who were not projected to start. So I am left in the same position as always: M-Soccer has an uphill battle this year, as is always the case in this league, but the overall health of the program is as good as ever. And again, as you indicate, it is just the first week of October. Long way to go here....
This post was edited on 10/10 2:07 PM by Fekula

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT