ADVERTISEMENT

Big day today

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Well, the day is finally here. Malik Washington will announce his commitment in just a few hours and the Terps are likely to pick up the biggest commitment of the Locksley era.

In my roughly decade of doing this, I would say Malik is the best athlete I've ever scouted. He might not be the best QB (although he is right at the top of the list) I've scouted, but best overall athlete I have little doubt. He has the size, the arm strength, the footwork, the IQ....everything you look for in a franchise QB. He also has all of the intangibles you look for at the position. He's a good kid, he's a tremendous leader and he's simply a winner.

Landing Washington would show that Locksley can reel in the big fish at the game's most important decision and also shows he can keep elite QB talent at home. A commitment from Washington is also very likely to help the Terps land other top prospects that they are right in the thick of things with.

Washington isn't the only Spalding Cavalier I expect to commit to the Terps today, either. As I mentioned a while back, I put in a FutureCast for Washington's high school teammate Jayden Shipps and I expect him to pick the Terps today, as well. I've also put in a FutureCast for a third Cavs player to commit today, defensive lineman Delmar White who picked up a camp offer earlier this month. White iis another two-sport standout who was The Capital newspaper's wrestler of the year last winter. He really impressed Locksley as well as defensive coordinator Brian Williams when he camped earlier this month and this could be a really sneaky good pickup. But to land two priority targets, including the top QB target from a local program led by a former Terp is a really big deal and hopefully they can keep this pipeline rolling.

Also committing today is Virginia wideout Jeff Overton, who officially visited Maryland a couple of weeks back. The Terps have a real shot here, while in-state Virginia Tech got the final visit. This is likely coming down to the Terps and Hokies.

Finally, McDonogh wideout Jeff Exinor is also committing today. The Terps did a fantastic job of rolling out the red carpet during his recent official visit and really gave him a lot to think about. That said, my sources still expect him to pick PSU later today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News