ADVERTISEMENT

Another Omar Gonzales on the way

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Some more color on Alex Crognale the Maryland commit for the 2013 clas. the is from Gahana Ohio, and the star defender checks in at 6-4 1/2 inches tall. Let the comparison talk start with the potential of another Omar Gonzales. This is exactly what Maryland had with Gonzales when they won then national championship. Crognale is very very good. His brother Ben Crognale is also committed to Maryland and checks in at 6-1 160 and is a midfielder. Sahso off to a hell of a start.

In one of my posts I mentioned that Maryland might be on Christian Hernandez up in New Jersey, a five star kid. Take him off the list. He's turning pro out of hs.

tman.

I think so but soccer is a cruel sport. I've seen the terps loose in person 3 times over the last 3 years and in all of those loses, they outplayed the competition out of their jock straps but "you have to cash in on your scoring chances". Every team gets a certain number of chances. That's what makes this game a "maddening" game.

t.

Hey TMAN. When you said another Omar I thought you might be talking about Mike Ambrose. What kind of height and weight is Mike ??

Speaking of Mike's. What has happened to Mike Fekula ? I have not seen him post for a while .
This post was edited on 10/24 3:10 PM by POLY1967

Ambrose goes around 5-9 170 pounds. Keep in mind these kids can still grow some.

Crondale with his size, will garner plenty of comparisions (fair or unfair to Omar). He's a horse though in the middle and gives Maryland a huge advantage going forward when this kid steps on campus.

Sasho is loading up on the back four with the 2011 class (Roach , Parker), 2012 class (Edwards and Ambrose) and now the Crondale kid for 2013 along with Marquez Fernandez rs frosh. Looks like they're protecting their backsides with Woodberry and Kemp getting up there in their service time here plus Alex Lee a senior.
This post was edited on 10/27 6:49 AM by TMAN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT