ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of quick observations from first football practice

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Going to level with you guys....we really didn't get to see much today. That said, I've got a few general observations from the limited time we were able to spend watching.

- This WR group really is elite. Certainly the best I've ever seen in College Park. During the last period we were able to watch before having to leave the wideouts were catching deep balls and man do these guys cover a lot of ground and make some big grabs. Demus with his long strides and long arms is such a threat in the deep game. Jarrett is simply one of the most explosive slots I've ever seen. Then you've got guys like Jeshaun Jones, Brian Cobbs and Darryl Jones. The one guy who continues to impress me every time I lay my eyes on him is Nick Degenarro. This kid is fast, runs exceptional routes and has fantastic hands. He made one of the best long catches today in practice from what we saw. And I haven't even mentioned guys like McDougle or newcomer Tai Felton.

- The defense continues to look bigger, faster and stronger year over year. Lawtez Rogers mentioned it when I spoke with him earlier today. He basically said that this incoming D-line group is much bigger, faster and more skilled than previous groups that have come in. Guys that played as true freshmen last season are also bigger, faster and stronger this fall. Guys like Tarheeb Still and Ruben Hyppolite. With some veteran size up front, some really talented youngsters in the middle and and a pair of veteran safeties, I think this defense can really surprise some people.

- For all the talk about the WR group, there is still a quite a bit of talent in the RB room as well. Fleet-Davis, Isaiah Jacobs and Peny Boone all look the part. As for Antwain Littleton, he ran with the RBs on the first day, but I suspect he'll be moved at some point, likely to the other side of the ball.

- All six QBs were dressed in yellow jerseys and taking part in the drills portion we were able to watch. I know it's not much, but good to see Udinski and Najarian dressed and moving around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News