ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Men's Lacrosse

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
For all those complaining about a poor 2023 season, why don't you switch your allegiance to UNC or Syracuse and then you would have something to bitch about. UNC probably has the best recruiter in the county in Joe Breschi , but always seems to be spinning their wheels. Syracuse has not made the tournament in a few years, and in addition last year's Teewarton award winner Logan Wisnaukas and one of this year's finalists both began their careers at Syracuse. Each year both programs seem to lose significant talent to the portal.

I tend to be an optimist, and even though this season ended early, there were several encouraging developments. When the final whistle sounded against Army the Terps had 4 freshmen on the field, Erksa, Kolar, Ruppel and Schaller). In addition, several sophomores improved tremendously, to me, Eric Spanos, Zach Whittier and Colin Burlace.

Goalie. Here's hoping Logan McNaney is fully recovered from his injury. If he is not, I have confidence in Brian Ruppel. Even though Ruppel was a 5 star recruit, I had my doubts about him because of his high school competition. He played in the public school system in Baltimore County where the competition is weak. I always wonder if any of the Private schools tried to poach him away. He will be fine with coaching and experience.

Defense. Ajax should be back, and even though he missed several games he was recently named a second team AA. His running mates will be Colin Burlace and A.j. Larkin/ Will Shaller. Whoever does not start on defense out of Schaller and Larkin will probably be a long stick middie.

Midfield. The short stick middies will be Eric Kolar and Dante Trader. After a year of shaking of the dust I expect Trader to be greatly improved. The long stick will be either Larkin/Schaller and Redd and I am not sure of McDonald is back. Since the attack has some numbers, I expect some people to switch back and forth between units. jack Koras will definitely be on the first unit alongside maybe Owen Murphy and Zach Whittier. In addition, you have Eric Malever, returning from injury and redshirt freshman Aidan Aitken who could earn time. Also keep an eye on Elijah Stobaugh from IMG Academy. We also have to make room for Marco Signorelli.

Attack. Here's where we have some numbers. Erksa should be the ringleader, but you also can factor in Dan Kelly, Eric Malever, Eric Spanos, Zach Whittier and Owen Murphy. With Erksa and Malever you have two players who can create opportunity on offense.

Faceoff. Is a question mark. Do you look to high rated incoming freshman Sean Crater or maybe the transfer portal.

Speaking of the transfer portal one name really intrigues me and I would like to him in a Terp uniform. Keep the name Alexander Vardaro in mind. Second team AA out of Princeton. I know we do not typically have transfers from Princeton, even though I believe Mike Chanencuk was one, he would be a welcome addition.

If there is one player from the past few years, I would like to clone it is Roman Puglise. His type of play on the field is something this year's team sorely missed.

That's all. Sorry if I have been raving.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News