ADVERTISEMENT

2020 PG Maryland might want to give a look

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
So Maryland lax commit Michael O'Connell has apparently decided he does not want to play college lacrosse next season and instead wants to play college hoops. He's a point guard who played on a very talented Blair Academy team this past season that featured a ton of high major prospects, including UVA commit Jabri Abdur-Rahim. Abdur-Rahim got hurt midway through the season and O'Connell was basically this team's star the rest of the way. They played a national schedule and beat some elite teams like The Patrick School and Westtown. They lost to St. Benedict's by a bucket in the state championship. Seriously, if I'm Turgeon, I'd see if he has any interest in still coming to Maryland and joining the basketball program if I've got room. I have a feeling a number of high majors are going to jump in and offer this kid after the kind of season he just had on the hardwood. His brother Thomas was a captain of Maryland's national championship lacrosse team and played basketball at St. John's this past season as a grad walk-on. Earned a spot on the team during a tryout. Check out the highlights. As I said, this kid can ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News