ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Harmon to Western Kentucky

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Maryland was never really in it and he's basically been done to Western Kentucky for months, but Zion Harmon is officially off the board.

Now that he's no longer an option, I'll say, have never been a big fan of this kid's game and I think he would have been a huge liability at the P5 level. While he does have good handles and vision, he's essentially a 5-foot-7ish volume scoring guard. Against the really good competition his team played against this year, he was either really quiet, or put up big numbers taking a ridiculous amount of shots. He is not an efficient scorer at all. He shot 30ish percent from the field and in the 20s from beyond the arc in the EYBL last summer. I know quite a few people who have seen more of him than I have who totally agree with me. Personally feel like his ranking has more to do with the 'legend' of Zion, playing on the EYBL 17U circuit as a middle schooler, invited to Team USA tryouts, etc. FWIW, Kansas really didn't seem to have much real interest and Louisville was desperately trying to land anyone else because they weren't too hot on him, either.

Reactions: terp john
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News