ADVERTISEMENT

You want to see the way we are getting kids on board Day 1

TheB1GTerp

All-American
Apr 14, 2008
BAVWPPBCCJYASDC.20150830114212.jpg

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=210302387

I don't know what you think, but this is an AWESOME way of getting our students involved from Day 1.

This pic is class of 2019, I guess these were give outs the arm bands or under shirts whatever, but it looks awesome!

I know most of us never got any kind of guidance like this on how to have school spirit and star to really care. Great job by AD department and school in working this into orientation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – More than 5,000 incoming freshman piled into Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium Friday night as Maryland Athletics presented “Welcome to the B1G Show” hosted by RHA President Allison Peters and track & field student athlete Nick Pulli.

The event marked the official kickoff to the athletics season at Maryland. The program featured instructions of athletic traditions with the help of the Mighty Sound of Maryland, Maryland cheerleading and the Maryland dance team.

“Our athletics staff put on a tremendous show for the Maryland Class of 2019 last night,” said Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson. “Our incoming students already have an outstanding amount of Maryland Pride and we cannot wait to display their enthusiasm as we enter our second year in the Big Ten Conference.”

Greeted by Maryland men’s basketball players at the gates of the stadium, students learned the Maryland Victory Song and Alma Mater, in addition to taking part in their first unveiling of the giant Maryland flag down the student section.

Maryland Director of Athletics Kevin Anderson and head football coach Randy Edsall also addressed the crowd.

"This is impressive," Edsall said. "I can't wait until next Saturday against Richmond when we see all of you in these seats cheering us on."

Members of Coach Randy Edsall’s Leadership Council from the football team, including Andrew Zeller and Brad Craddock, thanked the crowd for their support and acknowledged the difference they make on gameday.

Students were treated to giveaways, inflatables, a rock wall and a photo booth in the stadium concourse, and heard from SAAC representative Alexandra Cimino and The Pride President Zack Kiesel.

The program was capped off with a Class of 2019 photo on Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium in the shape of an “M.”

11898519_1030732176937409_6466658759199497732_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: huehueterp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News