ADVERTISEMENT

You Can't Always Get What You Want But....

terps70

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2007
you may have wished for a better football season or better recruits or more success in the men's basketball program. Got it! But there is a team playing tonight that is only a few games away from a national championship. They are Terrapins. Maybe they will get there...maybe not! But some of these comments that one sees about relegating this team as a second tier representative of our school because it is a women's team is sad. My brother (class of '64) passed away last week from COVIDS-19. Both he and I were absolutely consumed with the women's team over the last ten years plus. He was a former Diamond Club, season ticket holder for both basketball (men) and football for many, many years. He wore a diamond turtle pin on his lapel. He and I have spent many thousands of dollars in contributions. We both have supported these teams. But there is something very special about this particular women's team at this particular time. They seem to be a team of destiny. The coach and the players are what a college team should seek to be. Over and above all, they are superlative representatives of our great university on a national scale and provide us with great pride. No - they don't dunk. No - they may not be as quick. No - there are multiple held balls. But they are every bit as athletic and (actually better three point shooters) as the male counterpart. As a grandfather of 6 female grandchildren I admire these kids. Can't we simply adjust our thinking that there are sometimes more interesting things than contemplating whether so and so player from Bozo Montana may choose Maryland over another 20 schools? Or is it more important that we constantly harp about the coach that apparently many want fired. Let's focus here. There is a game on tonight at 9 pm on national T.V. that highlights Maryland student athletes. I think it should get a little priority time - just saying. Go Terps - of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News