ADVERTISEMENT

What are the chances we get a good DT and/or Haskins Backup in 2016?

F1RXC03

Junior
Sep 13, 2004
There's some really good things going on in CP that bode well for the future and a horrible season in-the-making, on net what are the realistic chances we get a 3-star or higher DT and QB to backup Haskins in the 2016 class? Who are the most likely prospects?

I have mad respect for Dwayne Haskins staying onboard and continuing his active outreach to quality players! I think Dwayne recognizes the field performance will improve with him at QB and UMD is a great fit. There's already high talent at WR and TE (beyond Avery Edwards too) and potential high talent at OL, although on the latter, I think (could be wrong) many of you would agree the underclassmen OL will benefit from another year of offseason weightlifting and conditioning.

We disparately need some mobile and strong DTs to fill those gaps, get some D-line surge. Don't think we can keep the necessary momentum and turn the tide on D if we wait till 2017.

While Randy did sign Schaffer, we need another QB who is ready to go next year, 2012 season is evidence enough to justify this need. I don't see a QB on the '16 offers list, am I overlooking someone?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News