ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 - Towson

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
The opening week of the season is finally here.

The Terps have broken fall camp, are back into their regular dorms/apartments with students back on campus and have begun prepping for Towson.

The initial depth chart of the season will drop tomorrow morning. As mentioned in the story I just posted, the lone real position battle coming out of fall camp seemed to be at center between Aric Harris and Elon/Duke transfer Mike Purcell.

While Harris got the bulk of the starting reps to start camp, Purcell's workload increased throughout and my prediction is that he will be named the starting center.

Expect Jeshaun Jones, Kaden Prather and Tyrese Chambers to be the starting wideouts, but I'm also expecting big things from Octavian Smith this season.

Tennesse transfer Jordan Phillips should lead a new defensive front that includes Tommy Akingbesote and Taisze Johnson.

Back to the o-line, I'm still not sold on Moran grabbing hold of that starting right guard spot. Will be interesting to see how the depth chart looks at that position tomorrow.

The one wild card I'm curious to see about is Braeden Wisloski. The true frosh enrolled early and is a versatile, big-play speedster. He's not likely to see the field much on offense, but he could potentially make a great punt returner.

One other position I'm interested to see on the initial depth chart is at the No. 2 TE spot. Have heard good things about Preston Howard but it seems like true freshman Rico Walker has the build and background to be the better No. 2 blocking tight end. I think that could be one of Locksley's 'Or' situations where both are listed at No. 2 with Howard getting snaps in situations where they could potentially throw him the ball and Walker getting snaps in obvious running/blocking situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News