ADVERTISEMENT

Updated 2022 Rivals250 released

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
The new Rivals250 was released this afternoon. The Terps do not currently have any commits inside the Rivals250, but they hosted several players that sit inside the Rivals250 last week and are in a pretty good spot for two of them.

The Terps hosted Chesapeake (Va.) four-star safety Sherrod Covil last week for an unofficial visit. He is a newcomer to the Rivals250, coming in as the No. 233-ranked player in the class. Maryland was one of several schools that hosted Covil last week, along with Miami, Virginia and Penn State. He was at Ohio State yesterday and will be at Clemson and UNC this weekend. Notre Dame is currently his only planned official visit. We will see if Maryland can land another one of his official visits down the road.

Maryland also hosted Rivals100 Monroe (N.C.) four-star wideout Shaleak Knotts for an unofficial visit last week. He is the top wideout on the Terps board and Maryland seems to be in pretty good shape here. They are still scheduled to host him on an official visit at the end of the month. He is currently the No. 97-ranked player in the class.

Finally, I mentioned that I expected Maryland's top overall target, four-star linebacker Jaishawn Barham, to visit last Sunday with several St. Frances teammates. He actually ended up visiting last Friday when the facility opened. Still feel like the Terps are in a very good spot here as the coaching staff, as well as some of the current commits, are all over him, trying to get him to commit. He is currently the No. 76-ranked player in the class.

One member of the Rivals250 that was supposed to visit last week but did not make it in was IMG Academy four-star RB Kaytron Allen. The No. 118-ranked player in the class, Allen ended up taking a visit to Penn State instead. He is also visiting Florida and Georgia later this month. With no other visits planned, I think we can just about write off Allen and the Terps. I got the impression a while back that they preferred and were in a little better shape with Ramon Brown who is still set to visit in a couple weeks.

Two other Terps targets in the new Rivals250 are Antonio Kite (No. 247) and Emory Floyd (No. 239). Both are newcomers to the Rivals250 and both are scheduled to take official visits to Maryland this month. Both are going to be extremely tough to pull out of SEC country, but having a shiny new facility to show off should certainly help!

You can see the full rankings HERE.

Reactions: terp john
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News