ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming football injury report....

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
With the new league rules, we'll get an 'official' football injury report on Saturdays now ahead of kickoff. I'm not sure how valuable they will actually be unless a guy is ruled completely out for the season, but they will exist none the less.

As for any Maryland Week 1 injuries, the Terps do have a couple of key guys banged up heading into the opener.

Frostburg transfer Gottlieb Ayedze did not run with the starting unit at practice yesterday and it sounds like he is suffering from a minor injury that happened earlier during fall camp. Ayedze was expected to hold down that right tackle spot with Glaze sliding over to left tackle. Glaze is still expected to hold down the LT spot, but walk-on Conor Fagan was seen running with the starters at yesterday's practice. We'll see if Ayedze's absence is just precautionary or if he actually misses the opener, but I still expect him to be the long-term starter at RT.

The other key injured player is cornerback Gavin Gibson. While technically not a full-time starter, he is a key part of the CB rotation that can, and will, play the nickel spot. He will possibly miss Saturday's game and I'd suspect we will see more of Lionell Whittaker in his place. But again, expect Gibson back healthy sooner than later and back in the starting lineup.

One other note on the o-line, again, Elon/Duke transfer Mike Purcell looks like he will be the starting center when they take the field Saturday vs. Towson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News