ADVERTISEMENT

Top 50 wing Khani Rooths

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
I know I posted an update on top 50 wing forward Khani Rooths the other day from the Under Armour Elite 24, but I've got a bit more of an update here....

From what I've been told and based on what Rooths has said himself, it sounds like he will officially visit Maryland the weekend of Sept. 15, which would be for the Virginia football game. That would be a great weekend to host as there should be a nice crowd for this border (former ACC) rivalry game.

As for Rooth's finalists, it sounds like he will have a final 7 of Maryland, Georgia, Mississippi St., FSU, Miami, Michigan and Virginia Tech. He has already taken official visits to Georgia and Mississippi St. but with the new OV rules that went into effect July 1, he can take as many official visits as he wants this fall and from what I understand plans on officially visiting all seven.

As for a decision timetable, it sounds like the hope is to have a decision by the start of his senior season.

The way things are now, it seems like these visits for the Terps' top 2024 targets are all staggered over the next month or so. They are set to host Mustaf the weekend of Sept. 1 and Fland the weekend of Sept. 29. Those are both home football weekends.

As for Queen, it sounds very likely his visit could get pushed back to October, but nothing is set in stone there yet.

Sept.-Oct. is shaping up to be a huge few weeks for the basketball program as they look to possibly bring in multiple five-stars in the 2024 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News