ADVERTISEMENT

This team still feels like....

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
This team still feels like a 9-win team to me.

Tagovailoa is still one of the top QBs in the league and the Terps have all kinds of weapons at the skill positions. The defense is still a work in progress but they have been light years better since Brian Williams has taken over the play calling. They might bend, but they rarely break.

Special teams have also looked pretty good for the most part with Howes' kicking and now Wisloski returning kicks.

Look, I get it, this team has its flaws. And they will likely get exposed by at least one of the big 3 in the division. But the rest of the schedule just doesn't put any fear into me based on what I've seen so far.

Michigan State is in complete disarray and turmoil. Illinois has looked average at best so far. Northwestern and Nebraska are just not very good.

Of the remaining nine games, they are likely to be favored in at least five. Michigan St. still probably a toss up as of right now as to who will be favored. But if they take care of business against the teams they are likely to be favored to beat, that is probably going to be nine wins with a chance for 10 in a bowl game.

I get it, some people think their team should be a real title contender every season. I've got some bad news for those people, only a handful of teams are real contenders most years and they usually come from the same group. To those people, I suggest just sitting back, relaxing and just enjoying the ride. Look at where this program was just five years ago and where it is today. This really should be a fun season for all. And hey, if you thought this was a 5 or 6 win team and they double that, you should be ecstatic and singing the praises of the coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News