ADVERTISEMENT

Terps make top 9 for local wing Jamie Kaiser

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
The Terps have made the top 9 for local three-star wing guard Jamie Kaiser. If that name sounds familiar, that is because he was a former football target with an offer at QB who had visited campus numerous times before deciding to focus solely on hoops. Speaking of hoops, since deciding to focus 100% on the hardwood, Kaiser has blown up. He's one of the leading scorers on the adidas circuit with New World and he has over 25 offers now. He's picked up offers this spring from the likes of Wisconsin, UVA, Georgetown, Virginia Tech, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio State and a whole lot more. He took his first official visit to Wisconsin back in early May and officially visited UVA last week. Maryland should be getting a visit later this month and a commitment could come before the end of June. Lamothe is already trying to get Kaiser onboard via social media and Kaiser has a ton of ties to Maryland. As I already mentioned, he already had a football offer for Maryland, he has family that played football at Maryland and he's told me in the past that he really likes the school. David Cox was also recruiting Kaiser for hoops when he was the head coach at Rhode Island. From everything I'm hearing, it sounds like UVA, Wisconsin and perhaps Maryland are the three teams really standing out. But if the Terps could add, say, Kaiser and Elmarko Jackson to go along with Lamothe, that would be a really nice collection of guards. I'll also add, while Kaiser is a three-star now, he's likely to get a boost whenever new hoops rankings come out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News