ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage No. 2

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
The Terps will have scrimmage No. 2 a little later today. Here are a few things I'm keeping an eye on as the season opener draws nearer.

1. Who starts along the o-line? And more specifically, who starts at center? Aric Harris was running with the starters at the beginning of camp, but it seems Duke/Elon transfer Michael Purcell has worked his way into a rotation with the starting unit at center. The feeling entering camp was that Purcell would win the starting job. Does he overtake Harris this week? I'm also looking to see who winds up with that right guard spot. Amelio Moran seems to be the frontrunner, but I'm not sure he has that spot completely locked down just yet. We will likely learn more after today.

2. Who starts at the EDGE spot? They brought in FCS All-American Donnell Brown to take over the starting spot, but it seems as if it has maybe been a tougher transition than expected and he is being pushed by former Rivals four-star and FSU transfer Quashon Fuller. They really need one of these two to step up and take the bull by the horns, so to speak, even though both will likely rotate in.

3. Who starts at wideout and how many wideouts will see significant snaps this season? Despite losing a number of WR from a season ago, the WR room is again loaded. Obviously Prather and Chambers have gotten a ton of mention, but continually hear how good Octavian Smith has looked, as well. Jones is likely the No. 1 by default but they have some depth behind him.

4. How good will the return game be this season? They have a number of fast and talented guys with the ability to return kicks, but it doesn’t seem as if anyone has really taken control of these return jobs yet. The one name I’m interested in hearing more about is Braeden Wisloski, who seems to be picking things up now and could be a dark horse to return punts.

We will hear from Locks again later this afternoon once the scrimmage has ended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News