ADVERTISEMENT

Saddiq Bey

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Heard from a North Carolina source last night and then confirmed with a Maryland source that Saddiq Bey's camp reached out to Maryland yesterday afternoon and there is mutual interest from the Terps.

From what I heard, when former NC State assistant AW Hamilton left to take the Eastern Kentucky job, Keatts and the rest of the State staff stopped communicating with Bey. He still seemed on board until State took a couple of transfers over the past couple of days, including former five-star Sasha Killeya-Jones who put them over the limit of 13 scholarships. Almost as soon as he committed, Bey decommitted. Almost have to wonder if Bey was shown the door and if that is the case, that could really hurt them down the road recruiting the DMV.

Also heard that they had interest in Miami and Georgetown, but from what I understand, any ACC school is out of the question for Bey.

Bey is essentially a small ball four man, but with a thin front court, he'd be a solid late addition. The question is, who do you take out of the transfer Tarke and Bey, because I don't believe they would take both. But this is definitely a name to keep an eye on as there is mutual interest and the Terps could have a big need should Bruno hire an agent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News