ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Visitors for Penn State Game

RyanSnyder

TSR Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Nov 2, 2013
I currently have 16 prospects that I know are hoping to attend Saturday's game against Penn State.

A few weeks back, before the coaching change, I was told to expect around 40-50 prospects from across the region, but now that some things have changed within the staff, I was informed to expect a smaller crowd. Long story short, I was basically told that the staff decided to shift more of its focus towards the actual game prep itself. They really want to have a good performance on Saturday, so instead of 3-4 hours a day working on recruits (that's an estimate) they decided to spend more time actually working on game prep, and thus, less invitations get extended.

Anyways, another thing that's currently impacting this list is Rutgers' game against Ohio State on Saturday night. Many of Maryland's top prospects in Pennsylvania and New Jersey will be attending that game. However, one player to note is OL Jordan McNair. As of earlier this week, he was planning to go to Rutgers, but he reached out to me this morning to clarify that he'll be going to UMD - PSU now.

The most notable prospect in obviously Ath. Trevon Diggs. I haven't spoken with Diggs directly, but sources did confirm that he's expected to attend. As I posted in my notes last week, the decision to put Locksley in charge should actually help Maryland's chances.

Some other notable players include Ath. Derrek Pitts, DL Jaylen Twyman, DB Taurus Carroll. Carroll and Pitts definitely have offers from the staff. Twyman informed me that UMD actually offered as a sophomore, but when I checked in with some people, I was given the impression that's not 100 percent accurate. He is a good player though. I think there's a good chance the next staff pursues him.

I should be able to confirm another handful of prospects by tomorrow afternoon. As I do, I'll update this thread. I will be away from my computer throughout most of the afternoon, but if you have any questions, I can answer them this evening.

2016 Commits

WR Tino Ellis - FILM - Hyattsville, Md. - DeMatha
DE Joey Fisher - FILM - Clear Spring, Md. - Clear Spring
OL Alex Hall - FILM - Louisville, Ohio - Louisville
QB Dwayne Haskins Jr. - FILM - Potomac, Md. - Bullis School
LB Keandre Jones - FILM - Olney, Md. - Good Counsel
DB Parnell Motley - FILM - Washington, D.C. - H. D. Woodson
OL Brian Plummer - FILM - Sykesville, Md. - South Carroll
DB Travon Stott - FILM - Olney, Md. - Good Counsel
DB Mike Viti - FILM - Camp Hill, Pa. - Cedar Cliff

Ath. Trevon Diggs
- FILM - Gaithersburg, Md. - The Avalon School