ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notes: Football (ADDED: 9:15 PM - Keith Simms)

RyanSnyder

TSR Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Nov 2, 2013
I've been working on a few things throughout the week, so I decided to post a few notes this afternoon. Sorry for just now getting them posted. I wanted to get this up this morning, but I decided to double-check with contacts about different things so I knew what I was talking about.

CB Khalil Ladler - FILM - Bradenton, Fla. - IMG Academy - 2016

The IMG Academy prospect reached out to a few southern reporters this week to let them know that he'll be taking an official visit to Virginia Tech, Oct. 3. He also let them know that Maryland has been making a push lately, and they appear to have his interest.

For those of you that aren't familiar with Ladler, he tore his ACL in the offseason and since then, it appears as if a lot of the top programs that were originally interested have backed off. At one point, his top four was Florida State, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee.

The main thing I'm trying to confirm at the moment is whether he holds a true Maryland offer or not. From talking to people, I got the impression that the staff hasn't offer him yet, as they want to see how he progresses this fall. That said, I know that the staff definitely wants him to take an official visit. The goal right now is to do that Dec. 4-6. That's the same weekend that IMG teammate RahShaun Smith will be taking his official visit, as well as all the other committed prospects, but the staff may need to get him on campus before that to stay in this race, so I'll be watching him closely for an official visit later this season.

I linked his film above if you'd like to watch his junior season highlights.

TE Chris Clark - FILM - Avon, Conn. - Avon Old Farms - UCLA Transfer

I was able to speak with some more people about Chris Clark and they reiterated what I posted the other night, which is that Maryland is yet to receive his release. However, they also hinted to me that Maryland isn't as interested as Clark as it may have originally seemed.

The fact that he already has official visits set to Pitt, Virginia and N.C. State means that his release/transcripts are available, so I'll do my best to check in with Maryland contacts regularly next week to see if that changes. But as of last night, Maryland is yet to really reach out to Clark.

If the staff was going to make a serious push, I think they would already have all of this in motion, but it's tough for me to say for sure.

LB Blake Gallagher - FILM - Needham, Mass. - St Sebastians Country Day - 2017

I caught up with the 2017 linebacker earlier this week. If you remember, he was on campus the same day as the Big Show back in June, but actually had to leave before that event got started. He had to get back to New England for a family function.

However, I wanted to post some comments he told me earlier in the week. The staff appears to be making a real push with Gallagher, who, as of now, I believe is one of their top middle linebacker targets for 2017.

"I've been in touch with Coach Dudzinski and Coach Edsall a lot recently. I've been going back and forth with Coach Dudzinski over Twitter (direct message) recently and we talk on the phone when we can. I'm even talking to Coach Edsall a lot. He's (Edsall) been getting in touch with me basically every week on Twitter."

It's the fact that Edsall is consistently speaking with him that stands out to me. I know that Edsall follows a lot of 2017 prospects, but I've also spoken with many of the staff's top targets for next year and they're not talking to Edsall frequently, so that's what caught my attention.

Growing up in New England, Gallagher doesn't play the best of competition, but I thought he had an excellent showing at multiple camps this summer. He's excellent at reading the guards and thus reading the play. I think that, from an agility and speed perspective, some schools would like to see more, but the kid really knows how to read plays and be a leader and that's exactly what you want from your middle linebacker.

Unfortunately, St Sebastians plays almost all of its games on Saturday, so I don't expect him to visit in the near future, but I know he's looked at Nov. 21, which is the final home game against Indiana, as a potential visit date. From talking to Maryland contacts, I believe that Gallagher is really high on the staff's board, or at least, higher than most fans would probably think when you consider all the local talent at linebacker.

Michigan Visitors

Next week is shaping up to be the biggest recruiting weekend of the season for the Terps. I spoke with contacts this morning and was told that the staff is aiming to have more than 50 prospects in attendance next week. If things line up when it comes to travel, they could have closer to 60 or 70 prospects in attendance.

Below are a few of the top players that I'm expecting to make the trip. I will do my best to post up an official visitor list on the board early in the week and then I'll keep it updated throughout the week.

One other thing to note: I've hit on this before, but some of you may have missed this. DeMatha plays St. John's that same day at 2 PM, so that will likely have an impact on whether guys like DE Terrell Hall and others make the trip. I have spoken with DeMatha offensive lineman Terrance Davis and he's informed me that he plans to attend, but I've been doing this long enough to know that prospects change their minds after games. Whether they're beat up or suffered a tough loss, I can think of dozens of players that intended to make a visit over the years, only to back out after the game, so that's something I'll do my best to follow next Saturday afternoon.

I haven't listed all the committed prospects, but I expect nearly all of them to be in attendance. One top prospect that I know cannot make it is 2017 OL Jordan McNair. I spoke with him this morning.

OL Terrance Davis - FILM - Hyattsville, Md. - DeMatha
DL Jamari Logan - FILM - Norfolk, Va. - Booker T. Washington

DE Elijah Conliffe - FILM - Hampton, Va. - Hampton
RB B.J. Daniels - FILM - Melbourne, Fla. - Melbourne
DB Damani Neal - FILM - Potomac, Md. - Bullis School
DE Joshua Paschal - FILM - Olney, Md. - Good Counsel
LB Dylan Rivers - FILM - Stephens City, Va. - Sherando
LB Avery Roberts - FILM - Wilmington, Del. - Concord
DL Lawtez Rogers - FILM - Greenbelt, Md. - Eleanor Roosevelt
OL Ryan Solt - FILM - Wilkes Barre, Pa. - James M Coughlin
Ath. Cameron Sullivan-Brown - FILM - Laurel, Md. - St. Vincent Pallotti
DB Lamont Wade - FILM - Clairton, Pa. - Clairton