ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: DB Tyrone Hill recaps UMD visit

RyanSnyder

TSR Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Nov 2, 2013
I caught up with Ramsey, N.J., Don Bosco Prep 2016 cornerback Click Here for film.

One thing to note for down the road: His coach isn't a fan of the recruiting media scene, which I understand. It does get out of hand at times and he's seen that more than most, being at a school like Don Bosco.

However, I spoke with both and they were OK with me posting something on the message board about his visit to Maryland. But, for down the road, remember that info on Hill could be difficult at times. His coach wasn't happy with him doing interviews over the past month or two. That's going to make it even more difficult to follow his recruitment now.

Anyways, the main thing that came out of last weekend's visit was that he was able to tour the campus. When he visited in March, there was a snowstorm that day, so the visit was cut short so everyone could get ahead of the heavy snow.

"They showed me around the campus, that was the main thing from this visit," Hill said. "I saw the dorms and some of the buildings. Their varsity dorms are really nice. Everyone has their own room and their own space.

"I also met with the defensive back coach, Coach Perkins, and the head coach, Randy Edsall. I sat down with both of them. They said that they're excited for me and what I can do. They talked about the education. They talked about their business program and stuff like that. For me, they said that they really like my size. They think that's one of my advantages because I'm able to play corner and safety."

He also enjoyed the entire experience at the spring game.

"The whole game stood out to me. A lot of people were making plays and I like how they used their defensive backs. I also thought they had good fan support."

Now, the main thing that stood out to me during our talk is that he's saying no school is standing out right now. Hill has said mixed things to different people, but personally, I think that program prestige, when compared to his other offers, should have the Terps in a good position.

"I've gone to Old Dominion and to Maryland, but I have other offers that I have to see still. Both of those schools are standing out to me right now, they're both equal, but I have to see some of my other options."

As of now, his other two offers are from Navy and Army. When I asked about any additional schools that could potentially offer in the next few weeks, Hill said that he isn't talking to any other schools. I imagine a few schools will come watch him workout during the evaluation period, but it doesn't look like a Rutgers, a Syracuse, a Boston College, some of the other local programs, are close to making a move anytime soon.

Hill also said that he currently has no plans to camp at any schools this summer, but I'll ask him about that after the evaluation period. I could see a few schools inviting him to their camps after seeing him at his school during the evaluation period.

Finally, Hill went on to add that he currently plans to make a decision during his season. He's told me in the past they he'll probably do it after the season, so that's something to note. Regardless, the main thing to remember is that he doesn't appear to be close to making a move anytime soon.

"I want to do it during my season. I don't know specifically how I'm going to do it, but I'll probable make a decision during my season."

This post was edited on 4/16 12:12 PM by RyanSnyder

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News