ADVERTISEMENT

Quick thought following media day yesterday....

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
So after listening to Locks, the coordinators and talking to some of the players, what is my biggest takeaway from yesterday's media day?

Unlike past years, this team seems to truly believe they can compete for a B1G title.

And I get it, before the start of every season, guys are going to say the goal is to compete for a B1G (or even national) title. But lets be honest, it is often lip service and something you just say because you are expected to say it. But this team just seems to have a different vibe about them and a lot more confidence in the way they talk than some past teams. And I think both the success of the past two seasons on the field and seeing former teammates get taken in the NLF Draft have both played a big impact in this newfound confidence.

Obviously, they are going to need improved line play, on both sides of the ball and that is clearly this team's biggest question mark. But if they can get serviceable play up front, I think there's not only a good chance this team hits the over as far as win total, but they could have a real shot at improving on last year's record and getting to 9 wins. With them already seeming more confident heading into camp, if they can string together 5 wins to open the season (definitely doable) I can see them having the confidence to win at Nebraska or possibly upset PSU at home.

The talent is absolutely there at the skill positions and given the offseason acquisitions like Prather and Chambers on offense and Sheppard and Williams on defense, there might even be an upgrade in talent at some positions with key losses. Just need some linemen to step up on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: rodneybenchoff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News