ADVERTISEMENT

Projecting the Terps to go undefeated! Last post.

dwb01

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2013
An undefeated season. That is how I start every Terp season for every sport. I look at the schedule and do mental projections on how they can win each game "It could happen" is what I tell myself. Then, when the 1st loss comes, you re-assess and re-calibrate, and then project them in your mind winning all the rest of the games. And I do that throughout, until that final game. Then I begin the process of assessing the team, what does recruiting looklike, etc. For me, sports are entertainment, hope for the miracle comeback, being there for the massive upset, disappointment in the tough losses. Watching players develop over the course of a season and career. It is an emotional experience, whatever the sport, whoever your team.

Now I know there are a lot of folks on here who would tell me that my approach is "irrational, never gonna happen." But most of those are the same who lose their effing minds after every loss, hurling on-line insults at the coaches, players, other fans, etc.

Never gonna happen! But it could. Frank Reich and the Terps never should have come back to beat mighty Miami, but they did. Joe Smith and the Terps never should have beat Georgetown to open his Freshman season, but they did. And lowly 3* recruits should never turn out to be a 1st round pick, but they do. Just ask Deonte Banks next week after the Commanders draft him.

Ask yourself this - if you're so damned rational that you know they won't go undefeated, how are you so unprepared for the losses that you know will come? So emotioanlly unprepared that you spew such snark and vitriol in every direction.

Been a Terp fan for 50+ years. Love when they win, pissed at the losses, always hopeful. To my simplistic world view, fans don't s#!t on their players or coaches. But that is just me.

I have enjoyed (mostly) the conversations on here, but I am finding that I am busier now that I am retired than when I was chasing a paycheck. Back to school, consulting projects, and a very ambitious plan for international travel. And I just have no more interest or tolerance for name-calling and uncontrolled negativity. Frankly, I think I'm gonna enjoy Terp sports more by getting off the keyboard and just watching the games.

Best to all,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News