ADVERTISEMENT

On Derik Queen...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
I'm guessing this is already out there, but I received a text from a source yesterday morning that Queen will take late summer/fall visits to Georgetown, Houston, LSU and Kansas. He is also expected to visit Maryland and Indiana again (remember, you can now take junior AND senior year official visits) with a likely fall commitment.

FWIW, I still think he is Maryland's to lose. While Skinn was still on staff this one felt basically wrapped up. With that said, you look at that list with G'town, LSU and Kansas and the bottom line is, NIL likely has to be in line with what those other schools are offering in order to remain the team to beat. There are a number of reasons for Maryland to step up to the plate here and make sure this one gets done, and at the end of the day, I feel they most likely will.

On the court, Queen has dominated over the past month, as he was named one of 11 NBPA Top 100 All-Stars (along with fellow Terps target Khani Rooths). He also scored 20-plus in all but one game this past week at the UA Finals and had a double-double in the one game where he did not score 20 or more. Goes without saying that Willard was front and center at UA Finals watching Queen, while other coaches were at Peach Jam or Adidas. They are all-in and moves like that should pay off at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News