ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe our fan base IS delusional

dwb01

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2013
3 games into the MBB season, with 1 lackluster win at home, and 2 ugly losses in Asheville, and the chatter starts about Williard = Turge, Williard is throwing in the towell (after 3 frigging games), Williard has 1 foot out the door to Louisville, etc.

There were some commentators who suggested that the Terp fan base was delusional for thinking Turge sucked, and for running him out of here. 1st off, I never thought the fans ran him out. More like he tucked tail and ran. And where is he now? Calling games for mid majors and collecting his severance pay. Somehow I don't get the sense that Williard is wired that way.

#1 problem right now is lack of shooters. Kaiser and Batchelor both came in with reps as 3 pt shooters. To date Kaiser can't hit the broad side of a barn, and Batchelor has been only marginally better. You have to believe that this will sort itself out. Would also be nice if we could get the FT percentage up. Gotta be worth at least 3 pts a game to Juju's average if he improved there.

We have the talent. It will mesh. Do we have the heart? I believe Williard does. If he folds this quickly into his tenure, then he fooled an awful lot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News