ADVERTISEMENT

Latest intel on 2021 DL recruits....

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Ok, so just spoke with a couple of sources and here is the latest with regards to the Terps top D-line recruits....

With George Wilson, it sounds like Maryland was right there leading up to his decommitment from South Carolina, but at the end of the day, it just wasn't quite enough, as Wilson has cut his list down to a final three of Auburn, Florida State and UNC. It was initially looking like a final five that also included Maryland and Penn State. Wilson did a virtual tour with PSU shortly after decommitting from South Carolina and did a virtual tour with the Maryland staff Monday night, but apparently he didn't see enough from either school to include them in his final group. As I had previously mentioned, I'm not sure UNC is really pushing at this point and FSU had a lot of ground to make up. Auburn has been on Wilson harder than anyone over the past few weeks and it appears they have likely done enough to earn his commitment in the coming days.

As I had also previously mentioned, I said that if Wilson were to fall through, I fully expected Andre Porter to flip from Boston College to Maryland. I'm told Porter's flip is all but a done deal and could happen at any time now. Porter, who attended the same Ballou High School in DC that Maryland head coach Mike Locksley did, has remained in constant contact with both Maryland and Minnesota and seemed likely to flip to a Big Ten school after initially pledging to BC. That isn't to say BC didn't do everything in their power to keep Porter on board, but at the end of the day, it seems the chance to play in the Big Ten right in his back yard was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

That leaves former Terps commit and current Vandy commit Marcus Bradley. From everything I've gathered, there will not be a boomerang for Bradley back to Maryland. Bradley had some words and took some parting shots on his way out and that didn't sit well with many in the Terps program. He has since committed to Vanderbilt, as I predicted he would, and has continued to sing the school and program's praises, even after the firing of head coach Derrick Mason. According to Bradley, he has been assured by Vandy's AD that they will retain his position coach and that is good enough for him to remain committed and sign with the SEC school later this month. All of that said, while basically all of my sources do not expect him to wind up back with Maryland, I will keep the door just the slightest bit ajar for now as there was mention of the slightest of rumblings. Maryland still very much likes and wants his talent in their program. The question remains: after everything that's happened, is he still a good fit for the program? Everything I'm hearing makes me believe he isn't the right fit and will not be joining the Terps.

Finally, the skinny on a 2022 three-star LB expected to commit this weekend. Camden (N.J.) three-star ILB Nyair Graham is set to commit this weekend between a group of finalists that includes Maryland, Miami, Nebraska, Penn State and Syracuse. From what I've been told, he is not a take at either Miami or Penn State and it does not sound like he will be committing to Nebraska, either. That leaves Maryland and Syracuse and from everything I'm hearing, Maryland made a strong push this week and sounds like the team to beat heading into the weekend. Of course, it certainly doesn't hurt that Graham is from the same town as current Terps 2022 four-star commit Amari Clark.

In all, got some good news coming down the pike on the football recruiting side of things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News