ADVERTISEMENT

Kaiser makes huge jump in updated Rivals150

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
The new Rivals150 has been released and newest Terps commit Jamie Kaiser has made a meteoric rise, up 90 spots to No. 49 nationally. I told you guys he would make a huge jump in these rankings and here it is. Rivals now has Kaiser higher than any of the other services and I think this ranking is pretty spot on, as he had a dominant spring/summer.

DeShawn Harris-Smith, who is set to commit tomorrow evening, is up significantly as well, coming in at No. 89 in the updated rankings. He was previously at No. 106. Playing a national high school schedule with the chance to continue to show off his lead guard skills, he'll have the opportunity to continue rising in the rankings this winter and likely isn't done moving up.

The Terps' first commit, Jahnathan Lamothe, moved down 18 spots, but still comes in at No. 85. The versatile guard had a solid springs/summer showing with Team Durant.

Finally, top target Elmarko Jackson was another who saw a meteoric rise, moving up 78 spots to No. 63. Again, don't think he's done moving up as I truly believe he's easily a top 50 talent and probably closer to top 25. Playing in the New England prep league after having been focused on lacrosse just a couple of years ago, folks will get numerous chances to see him during the season and he should continue rising. And Mouhamed Dioubate also saw his stock rise, as he moved up 7 spots to No. 74. He recently released a top 5 that included the Terps and I'm told Maryland, K-State and Alabama basically make up his top 3 right now. He should be officially visiting in the coming week.s

Dream scenario is Maryland lands all 5 of these prospects, which would give them 5 players in the top 100. I'm not sure the last time Maryland had a class that included 5 guys all inside the top 100, with a couple of these guys likely to continue to rise in the rankings. But 5 top-100 guys would almost certainly give the Terps a top 10 class, perhaps even top 5. That would be a heck of a statement for your first full recruiting cycle.

Story on the updated rankings at the link below.

STORY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News