ADVERTISEMENT

Kahni Rooths talks Terps, upcoming official visits

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
National hoops analyst Rob Cassidy was at the Will Barton camp and caught up with top-50 forward Khani Rooths, who will officially visit Maryland next month. He has really seemed to put everything together here over the last month or so and is seeing his stock rise even further.

I'll add this, have heard from several sources that Georgia has probably been the team to beat. First, due to his relationship with UGA assistant Erik Pastrana who I'm told practically lives at IMG. And second, due to the fact that UGA has really stepped up their financial commitment to hoops and are throwing around some very large NIL packages (they had a top-20 recruiting class this past cycle which seems to back up what I've been hearing). It is likely going to take a pretty substantial NIL deal if the Terps want to land Rooths. Of course, same is true of Derik Queen, also.

But as mentioned, his Maryland visit might be the most important as they have been on him as long as anyone and have some connections.

Also mentioned are Tyler Jackson and Nate Ament, both of whom the Terps are also recruiting. As you can see, going to be some serious competition for both. More at the link below.

STORY

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News