ADVERTISEMENT

Ernest Udeh Jr. in the transfer portal

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
This isn't really a huge surprise given that the Jayhawks just landed Hunter Dickinson. In fact, this was pretty much expected. That said, I think Udeh could be one of those rare guys Willard could pursue despite being pretty much set for next year. He was a McDonald's All-American last spring and was extremely efficient in limited minutes last season at Kansas as a true freshman. He was recruited by Willard & Co. coming out of high school and had his best game of the season this past winter versus Seton Hall. I'm not saying I know they are going to pursue and based on what I've been told already, it seems probably unlikely, but if they were going to pursue anyone left at this point, I think Udeh would be one of the very few guys they would try to get. He attended Doc Phillips in Orlando, same high school as one former two-sport Terp, Calvin McCall. He's 6-foot-11, 250-pounds and shot over 75% from the field while averaging 2.6 points, 1.8 rebounds, 0.6 blocks and 0.8 steals in just over 8 minutes per game.

As folks here know, big men usually make a big leap between freshman and sophomore seasons and this kid has all the tools to be a future star.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News