ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts from last night...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
With regards to the o-line, still think it is a major work in progress. Aric Harris got the start at center, but Mike Purcell still saw 30 snaps last night. Have to think they are trying to find the full-time starter before league play starts, but as of now, not sure who it will be.

And while Gottlieb Ayedze was available last night, he did not see the field. Conor Fagan, who got the start in the opener was the only player to take every snap last night on offense. At this point, you have to wonder if Fagan is the guy at right tackle the rest of the season or if they are just working Ayedze back slowly. But the fact he was the only lineman to play every snap seems telling to me.

Dyches picked up right where he left off in the opener, even though the receiving yardage wasn't there. If he continues to get the number of targets he has the first two games, he could put up monster numbers this season.

Prather had his breakout game in Week 2 with 4 catches for 80 yards and a TD after a rather pedestrian opener (although he did have a nice TD grab). From a talent standpoint, I have heard that he is the most talented of the bunch and I expect him to keep getting more looks as the season goes on.

On defense, was good to see Barham bounce back with a big game as I predicted in my three things to watch. Two sacks and two tackles for loss is exactly what they needed from him last night. Expecting big things from him as the season goes on.

Beau Brade is still the heartbeat of this defense. He's the team's returning tackler from a season ago and has led them in tackles in each of the first two games.

Finally, was nice to see the kicker Howes go 3-for-3 on FG attempts, including a 45 yarder. The kicking game has been strong recently and hopefully that continues this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News