ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Terps cruise past Clarion in final exhibition

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Freshmen Taylor Mikesell and Shakira Austin, along with senior Brianna Fraser posted double-doubles as the Maryland women's basketball team closed out its exhibition slate with a 127-41 win over Clarion.

The trio were three of seven Terrapins who ended the night with 10-plus points in the outing. Austin was the leading scorer, tallying 29 points to go along with her 10 rebounds. Mikesell totaled 24 points with 10 assists, while Fraser added 13 points to accompany her 11 rebounds.

"I thought we were much improved tonight," head coach Brenda Frese said. "I think you saw we're starting to get more comfortable and tonight was a great second exhibition game. When you look at how we shared the basketball, that's how teams are able to be successful. We want to continue to be able to do those things. I think we had a lot of fun tonight."

Maryland's offensive attack also included double-digit scoring performances from Kaila Charles, Stephanie Jones, Sara Vujacic and Blair Watson. Vujacic was a threat from deep all night, knocking down a trio of three-point buckets. As a team, Maryland finished the night shooting an impressive 67% from the field, which included 58% from three-point territory.

Sophomore guard Channise Lewis orchestrated the offense, closing out the night with 10 assists while also adding seven rebounds.

Defensively, Maryland forced 13 Clarion turnovers. The Terps also tallied nine blocks to go along with 16 steals.

Next, Maryland will begin regular season play when it hosts Coppin State at the XFINITY Center on Nov. 9. Opening tip is slated for 7 p.m.

Season tickets for the 2018-19 season are on sale now. To purchase season tickets, click here. For ticket information for the upcoming season, log on to the Terrapin Ticket Office online umterps.com or call 1-800-IM-A-TERP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News