ADVERTISEMENT

TMAN .... Did You See who Got Minutes for George Mason..

Didn't know that he ended up at GMU which is 4 miles from where I live. Good for the kid. I guess it came down to scholie money as Feukula has mentioned in the past.

Well as we know Md fell to UNC last night 2-1. I've seen Md twice now and they lost both games (Michigan State). I can't put my finger on it with this team as to what the problem is. I would have to look at the back line a bit. Certainly it isn't Omar A.J caliber. Md has been outplaying all of their opponent via stats but now is only 1-1-1. Alas if this keeps up , then they'll have to win the ACC tourny to secure a top 4 seed. If they don't get a top 4 seed when the NCAA bids comes out then they're going to have to go on the road and do it the hard way to get to the final 4 cup.

Soccer can be cruel and Md so far has been hit on the head with a crowbar in two matches this year. With Michigan State, their size and physicality bothered the terps. Plus the back line IMO gave up two soft goals. Sasho has some work to do.

t.

The Terps backline is an interesting situation. You note that among the departed players in the past couple of years is Sean Flatley, now a senior at College of Charleston. We have defenders in the program now that are probably a bit more talented than Flatley but less experienced: Kemp, Lee, White, Woodberry etc. That goes soph-junior-soph-soph. I wouldn't be surprised if all four of them end up in MLS but they got a lot to learn.

Meanwhile, the schedule ain't swiss cheese. The two losses are to ranked teams with UNC at #3 going into the weekend, may move up to #2 after Tulsa got a beat-down from Akron. #15 Michigan State shut-out Northwestern over the weekend and is 7-1 overall, 1-0 Big10.

I wouldn't be too worried. We are still less than halfway through the regular season, there are many battles to be fought, many opportunities to learn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT