ADVERTISEMENT

Tariq Owens...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
As I stated before his visit to Maryland, everything I was hearing is that Tariq Owens was nearly done to the Terps and that the visit just needed to go well with a push for a commitment.

Post visit, I heard everything went great, Owens really liked Turgeon, likes the campus and likes the opportunity at Maryland. Again, everything was great.

All of that said, Owens decided to hold off on committing and named a final three of Maryland, Texas Tech and Western Kentucky. It was then thrown out that he would likely take a visit to Texas Tech at some point next week. Well, we now have official dates for his Texas Tech visit, as he'll take in Lubbock next weekend on April 6th and 7th. The reason for the delay in visits is because all of the coaches descend on San Antonio this week for conferences, back room dealings, hiring new assistants, etc. during the Final Four and so this week is a dead period. Things pick back up after Monday's national championship game.

As I mentioned in another thread, the connection to Texas Tech is assistant coach Al Pinkins, who recruited Owens to Tennessee. But with that visit still a week away, we likely won't know where he's headed until sometime after next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.