ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: OL Thomas Lopez set for busy summer

RyanSnyder

TSR Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Nov 2, 2013
I caught up with New Jersey OL Thomas Lopez last night. He'll be camping at Maryland on June 20. He'll also be attending a few other camps this summer.

Lopez tore his labrum this past season, which has kept schools from offering him. From what I've gathered over the past year, most notably from opposing coaches, Lopez is a solid player. He's not elite or anything like that, but he plays good competition and is solid fundamentally, so I feel like he fits the mold of some of the other underrated offensive lineman that Maryland has targeted in the past.

Now, at the same time, labrum injuries are really difficult. I have multiple friends that have had multiple surgeries on their shoulders and none of them are trying to be Division I lineman, so I understand why most schools have held off on offering. At the same time, I do truly believe that Maryland could be one of a few schools that offer if he performs well at camp. I think most schools may still want to see how performs early in his season, but regardless, I think he could pick up an offer at some point, so remember the name. From talking to contacts at UMD, I think he's higher on the staff's board than someone like Eddy Fish, for example. He'll also be camping at UMD on June 20, so Fish is another guy to watch.

Click Here to read more. Click Here for film.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News