ADVERTISEMENT

Navy - Terps Lax

Terpengr

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2002
Mike, What's up with Tillman downplaying/eliminating the Navy and other in-state (Towson, UMBC) rivalries for better NCAA seeding? I know last season was a losing one for each but that was abnormal. Except for Hopkins, we generally have the second toughest schedule in the country. It shouldn't be changed. Even if Navy was to be moved to a mid-week game as he suggested, as a possibility, would be unpopular. He should know better than that unless his old ties to Navy are making him downplay the rivalry.

I Gotta Admit

I didn't even notice it until you brought it up, so I go to the schedule and notice the non-conference opponents listed: Bellarmine? Marist? Colgate? I have to wonder if he is thinking about the graduation losses and the new guys he has to work into the system. Now as we know, that isn't the normal group of new guys; it's the best recruiting class in the country, so I am not sure what the concern is here. I kinda figured Maryland to be a tournament team regardless of what the schedule looked like, but maybe Tillman sees a vulnerability. I dunno, but you make a good point. In any case, I remember when Georgetown was on the schedule too. One would think Loyola would be there too.
This post was edited on 1/27 10:40 PM by Fekula

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT