ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Soccer recruits so far....

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
OK, watching the US U-17s playing N.Zealand to a dreary tie, and doing it down a man -- the man that was put out is US team captain Marc Pelosi, who is a '12 and is rated the #4 prospect in the country by College Soccer News. He is not committed anywhere yet. Interestingly enough, the guy that CSN has as the #1 in the country, Michael Gamble from Columbia, MD/Baltimore Bays, a verbal to Wake Forest -- any "commit" here is a verbal -- is not on the U-17 roster selected by Wilmer Cabrera. I don't know the story on that: is he injured, too old, or did Cabrera just not pick him? Among the top players that are on the roster, few have committed: Andrew Souters picked Akron, Zachary Carroll stayed home (Michigan) etc., so there is a lot of talent out there.

As to the guys Maryland has in the fold, Dakota Edwards (Sayville, NY/Albertson) is rated #74 overall by CSN and is rated #16 among defenders; forward Donovan Fraser (Dix Hills, NY/Albertson FC) is #88 overall; and midfielder Ntokozo Tshuma of Bethesda SC is #117.

Some prime regional talent has gone elsewhere: #9 ranked Louis Rendon from Chesterfield, VA went to Duke; #26 Malcolm Harris of Damascus, MD is listed as verbal to Univ. of Denver; #34 overall, goalie Andrew Harris from Baltimore also to Wake.

The 2013 class list on CSN has no reported early verbals, but there are a couple of locals to keep your eye on in their Top 25 and all are midfielders: Collin Martin of Chevy Chase and the DC United youth program is #13 in the class overall; #14 Nicko Corrivau of Potomac, MD/Bethesda SC; and #15 Patrick Foss of Chantilly, VA and DC United youth.

Again, the credentials of the '12 recruits for Maryland are not stellar, as we have seen in the past -- no U-17s for example -- but I would say it is still early, there is stil a lot of talent out there -- surprising to me that more people have not committed at this point and I am not sure why. Probably means we will have a busy fall. Plus, this is one survey; I haven't taken a close look at TopDrawer or some of the other online stuff, so this is all speculative.

Nice Mike...

The kid Ntokozo Tshuma might be Sash's best Northern Va recruit since the days of Abe Thompson. Hope to see the Episcopol star in the fall. Dakota Edwards is rated the number 1 player in the Empire State by several services. Fraser is a kid that can pick em up and lay them day. Outstanding speed.

Can we put down that Maryland has secured the best class in the country with kids named with Dakota (Edwards & Neidermeier). We'll call them North Dakota and South Dakota to make it simple for me.

I had Sasho taking 5 kids in this class (2012). It will be interesting to see if he goes over that number.

For the 2013 class, New Jersey and Pennsylvania are loaded. Plus you add the locals that you mention for the 2013 class, I'm figuring Sash will save some of that gun powder for those rising juniors come fall.

t.

Bam - # 5 on Board

Mike Ambrose big time back line defensive player from Frisco Texas. He's a terp. Very highly regarded kid. Parade All American.

Starting to look like a big class to my surprise.

Tman.
This post was edited on 6/27 7:05 AM by TMAN

Re: Bam - # 5 on Board

TMan and Co. -- they've also added a recruit for the 2011 incoming class. A Canadian U-17 national team member, from what I was told. Hopefully there's a release on him soon.

Shinsky, Metger, and Ambrose with the US U-18s

Played for the US U-18 NT on a tour of Portugal last month. In their last game they had a scoreless draw against the Finland U-18s but the US Soccer site gives no details. Earlier, they dropped a 1-0 decision to the host Portugal U-18s on a 83rd minute goal. Ambrose started and went the whole way; Metzger started and was subbed out at 84 minutes; Shinsky came on as a sub at 75 minutes. In a previous game they tied the Dutch U-18s 1-1 with Shinsky starting and Ambrose subbing for him at 34 minutes; Metzger subbed in at 68 minutes for Victor Pineda.

Count down to last week of August

Terps play Saint Johns and West Virginia on the last weekend in August. Those 2 games will be a good barometer with Sasho's gang for the upcoming season. The WVU has a potent attack. Md will need to be ready early.

t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT