ADVERTISEMENT

IMO, Edsall and Staff Orchestrated the Whole Thing...

Nittany Ned2

Junior
Dec 16, 2005
He either orchestrated it or at least condoned the whole pre-game circus. If you look at the tape, his reaction is basically a non-reaction. To me, that says he was expecting something to happen at the coin toss.

Taken with his post game comments and half a$$ed apology, this was Randy's way of trying to send a message to his troops and to Franklin that the war is on regarding MD recruiting territory.

Edsall knows he has to set the tone here for two reasons: 1) his own clock is ticking regarding performance and 2) he has to get a leg up on Franklin (a very effective recruiter) before PSU gets all its schols back and is able to fully recruit in MD.

Franklin's reaction after the toss was a grin and "you're kidding me". PSU Captains we're even chuckling as well.

IMO if Edsall and the AD were so incensed, then they would have suspended or otherwise disciplined the Captains. They have't so far and they won't because it was a STUNT...Theatre meant to invoke outrage.

As a PSU alum, I have to say that my experiences as a student with UMD were awesome. Always friendly, always a really positive experience. My fraternity brothers and I used to travel to and host parties with our chapter at College Park several times a year. We knew each other well and still do. PSU/MD is not a rivalry, it's better than that. way better.

Edsall should grow up. MD doesn't need to act like that or play like that. It was a total bush league move by Edsall. He won the battle but the war is long.
This post was edited on 11/3 9:17 AM by Nittany Ned2

Hell yes he knew!

And what a childish, pathetic, embarrassing thing it was to see. Terrible move, Maryland. You looked bad on national TV and that will come back to haunt you. Winning is the best slap in the face. But you don't get that respect anymore - the league is now against you. Huskers can't wait to get a piece of you.

Are all Penn Staters as smart as you guys?

How'd you know Edsall instigated it all? You must have been in the huddle. He never should have apologized, at least not according to this article.

No apologies

Re: Are all Penn Staters as smart as you guys?

Save it bro, I said "IMO" based on his lack of reaction. He either condoned it or instigated it. There were 1,000's who noticed Randy's lack of reaction. Even the rocket scientist, Golic at ESPN noticed the same thing.

Im sure by now you are already aware of the fine and suspension. That fine will probably be paid by Plank so no worries there.

Look dude, I like UMD. Just show some friggen class.

Too funny. One article out 100 written about the incident that supports your stance. You're in the vast minority on this one. and apparently the B1G head office had a different perspective than you and the joker at CBS.

The funny thing is people thinking Edsall was behind it or condoned it. You don't know Edsall. It was wrong for the players to not shake hands and let themselves get into the tussle. Apologies have been made, fines have been levied, and a player has been suspended. It's time to get over it and move on. Stop whining already.

James Franklin started it all by his assholish comments about how Rutgers and Maryland should not even bother because they cannot compete with Penn State- mind you, a program and football first Kool-Aid culture that SHOULD be nuked to the dark ages.

Then PSU players didn't help by the pre-game scuffle.

Once again, PSU fans wanna pull the victim card and the national media conveniently leave out facts and important details that transpired before the game.

And UMD gets skewered because their players don't want to partake in a meaningless handshake ceremony and accept a fake gesture from PSU.

Nobody got hurt from Maryland's actions.... well almost... It evidently hurt Penn State's feelings. You guys got BEAT at HOME.

So what, get over it and worry about beating Maryland.

James Franklin should be eating a plate of crow and you doofuses once again should quit your belly-aching.

Good job, Terps. You guys should pay rent, cause you're living in their heads!

Spot on post.

Thanks for the support. So many of those PSU fans a delusional about their importance. The football first Kool-aid culture...good one!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT