ADVERTISEMENT

Hey TMAN or Mike what is ....

I saw Shinsky get nailed in the BC game. A cheap shot and the BC kid got a yellow card. BC got very chippy late in that game as they were getting schooled by Maryland. If there was a knock on Sasho for that game issss he left some of the regulars in that game too long and somebody was going to get hurt....aka (Shinsky). That was a shame.

I do not know Shinsky's status now with that leg injury. The kid Mitias Etchia (true frosh) is starting to get more minutes with Shinsky out and Jeremy Raley has been a pleasant surprise. Now for my next statement, I don't know if this is true or not but I've conversed with a couple of eyes far more knowledgeable than I when it comes to the club soccer scene / National under 17 team, ect and these wags are telling me the one knock on Shinsky coming up is he can't stay healthy. Don't know if it's true or not but it does looks like he's out for awhile. Sasho might start playing Daniel Metzger, the kid from New Jersey some more going forward. Metzger is very highly regarded from New Jersey and Sasho has compared Metzger to x-terp MLS player Steven King. Sasho does seem luv to recruit New Jersey kids and that area is a hot bed for sure.

t.
This post was edited on 10/1 7:28 PM by TMAN

You are right on the money re: Shinsky. When we asked about Shinsky earlier in the season -- I think this was after the BC game -- Cirovski told us that Shinsky was not 100% healthy and would take time to get there. I took that remark together with the impressive way others have been fighting for jobs as indication that Shinsky is not immediately needed, doesn't have to be pressed into service. As I have mentioned before, I thought that might be the case when they lost Kassell early and Rodkey to graduation, but apparently not. Definitely helps when you have versatile guys like Forbess, Jane, etc who can play more than one position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT