ADVERTISEMENT

Hey TMAN .. Help me out with this,

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I am looking at the USA Today men's soccer rankings in today's paper. UNC is # 3 Nationally, Maryland is # 4 and Boston College is # 10. They are the only ACC teams in the top 25. Duke and Virginia are about 27 and 40 in the others receiving votes.

Yet in the ACC tourney, Maryland is the 2 seed and plays the 7 seed who is Boston College. Boston College's 4 loses this year must all be to ACC teams.

Who can figure that.

I have to admit I'm worried about Maryland. They're 0-1-2 in the last 3 games. Not good. The two starting forwards are not scoring goals. Have teams caught up with the current scheme and are devising defenses to slow this terp team down? Looks like that. ACC tourny now starts up. Anything less than getting to the final will be a disappointment. We'll see how this shakes out.

By the way TMAN the MIAA A conference Soccer final is at Archbishop SPalding this weekend. Gilman vs. McDonogh. I still like Gilman.

Mike Gamble currently has 34 goals on the year.

Gamble is a good one. But I can tell you that based on my source Sasho is about to land a top 30 striker for the 2012 class. The source is as close to recruiting as you can get. Expect something to break around Thanksgiving is my feeling on this.

Tman

All Is Well; Surgery was successful; Terps will be OK

OK, first of all my surgery was successful. This is being written from Suburban Hospital where the surgery went well. There were a couple of minor complications that may keep me here another day, but that is no biggie.

I am not worried about Maryland. First of all, ACC teams beat each other up every year. Not a surprise to see teams fall in the polls. What it means is that we will probably end up with three or four at-large teams that should have been seeded. I still see Maryland hosting at least two games, and if they make the final of the ACC it might be a repeat of last year where we host to the FF.

Agree that goal scoring is a concern but all it takes is one guy getting hot. The possession stats indicate that midfield control is not an issue and ball service really isn't a problem either. They will be fine.

And keep in mind, as I continually remind people, they are getting it done with Ethan White, Zac MacMath and Matt Kassel having moved on to the pros. Really, its a wonderful job that the players and coaches are doing this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT