ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Poly

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Whose coming up in the soccer realm from Baltimore high school ranks.. Anybody catches your eye...

T.

Hey TMAN. From what I have seen so far this appears to be the year of the upperclassmen.

Gilman looks to be the class of the field, with Curley and McDonogh trailing by several lengths and Mount St.Joe well back.

In my opinion, Gilman just plays great team defense and with their goalie leaves you very few opportunities to score. Whereas if you give them an opening they will make you pay.

McDonogh, as usual, has the better individual talent, but for some reason that does not always translate into a team effort.

Curley, I don't know how they are doing it. Didn't think they had much talent, and here they go and upset McDonogh. One interesting player for Curley is Tiger Wittman, former Blast coach's son, who is playing for Curley and not dad's alma mater ( Calvert Hall ). I would like to hear the story behind that !!! He may be a player to match in two years.

When all is said and done I'll take Gilman Vs. Curley in the MIAA finals, with the Greyhounds 2 - 0 winners.

http://varsitysportsnetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4361:friar-factor-undefeated-curley-tops-no-2-mcdonogh&catid=31:feature&Itemid=1

Good stuff Poly. I know there's at least 3 kids in the DC area that I'm sure Sasho is on for the 2013 class.

Out of state New Jersey is loaded, Pennyslvania is strong and New York as two big tymers that I know Sasho is on.

The 2013 class for Maryland could be a big one. If Maryland wins the NC this year (and they could), expect some early defects from the current squad for sure. But nothing unusual for the M.O. at Ludwig field.

PS... I saw an interesting article on current UCLA soccer player Chandler Hoffman , a kid from Birmnigham Alabama. His dream was to play for the Bruins. Maryland, I believe finished second in his recruitment. Wonder if he regrets his decision as Maryland has FAR more success than UCLA lately. Hoffman is a pretty dam good player and it would of been interesting how it plays out with this current team. U wonder who would be sitting if CH had come.

Onward.... HUGE game tomorrow night with Creighton. The Pick.... Maryland 3 Creighton 1.

Tman.

Hey TMAN I don't know if you recognize the name but

Thomas " Pep " Perella died this week. A graduate of Archbishop Curley and a member of the Maryland Soccer Hall of Fame, he will be missed. It really makes you think when guys you played club soccer against start passing away.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/story.cfm?id=7413

Re: Hey TMAN I don't know if you recognize the name but

I hear ya. Dam shame. Just goes to show you...enjoy every free kick in this world.

I see Dematha beat Episcopal 4 - 0 in soccer. Episcopal has Ntokozo Tshuma (spelling and I'm not close), and he's a commit to Maryland. I'm hearing real good things about Ntokozo. That kid Mitias Etichia (frosh on Maryland, now) is going to be real good player. He's got good skills. Hell of a pickup by Sasho at the 11th hour for this current class.
This post was edited on 10/1 10:01 AM by TMAN

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT