ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Poly - working the network

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Confirmed that Sasho is not done with the 2012 class. The Maryland staff is looking to bring in at least 1 maybe 2 more players to my surprised. I know they're on the kid over at Georgetown Prep but so is Wake, UNC and Wisconsin. When I see Wake in the mix I said oh oh as Jay Vilanovich has beaten Sasho out on Gamble and Jalen Robinson this year but hell whose krying on Sasho, best coach in America. But dang, I thought he would be putting all the eggs now in the 2013 class. Not so per a dam good source.

Also the kid Donovan Fraser up in New York (forward-committed to Maryland) is having a very good senior year. He's not rated in the top 30 kids or so but I hold those lists with a grain of salt...

As I told you in a previous email, the kid Christian Hernandez up in New Jersey (5 star midfielder) is going to turn pro. Maryland (no surprised) was trying to turn the kid up to last week. I think it came down to Maryland or going pro. He anounnced this week he's chasing the bucks.

T.

Hey TMAN : I'm guessing the player they are looking at is Marcus Salandy-Defour. From what I have read about him, it seems like he would be a great addition. If think he is a forward, is that where the Terps are looking to use him .

In regard to the high school kid turning pro. I don't know what his home situation is economically, but to me it is a bad idea. Granted the money looks great to an eighteen year old. But we are not talking millions of dollars. That money will be gone soon, and if you don't make it ... than what ??.

TMan I know you have your peeps in football, but I did not realize you had them in the high school soccer ranks. Is high school lacrosse next, I hope so !! I love watching high school soccer and lacrosse.

I know Maryland's in it with Defour but not certain if they lead. Regardless if Maryland lands Defour or not I'm begging to believe that Sasho is going to add maybe 2 more kids to the 2012 class. He might have an inkling (i'm sure) already on whose staying and whose leaving on the current squad thus the 2012 class looks like is going to go past the current 5 kids.

Until the hs school kid signs with an agent, I'm sure Sasho is still recruiting the Hernandez kid. One kid is surely not going to kill the Maryland program and the talent level on the high school soccer scene has improved tremendously over the last 10 years. This equates to parity and that is what we have (I believe in the college game today).

It's early for me to say this but wouldn't it be a kicker if the final would be Maryland vs New Mexico, a replay of the 2005 final College Cup where Sasho won his first NC at Maryland. New Mexico is doing well and they're undefeated.

Good news bad news for Virginia. They beat out Maryland for Brandon Allen the star New York Midfielder but they just lost Wil Bates (current Virginia star forward to an acl). The Cavs are N trouble. Not that I'm krying over that. I'm hoping we play them in the ACC tourny for a little pay back time.

t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT