ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Mike Fekula and TMAN

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Did you see where UNC men's soccer coach resigned, and then took the Creighton job. Strange move. I wonder if UNC will pursue Caleb Porter from Akron.

UNC seems to have deep pockets when it comes to pursuing head coaches.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/10/979379/bolowich-resigns-unc-soccer-post.html
This post was edited on 2/10 12:05 PM by POLY1967

Interesting move indeed. Maybe Creighton opened up the wallet.

As far as Porter goes, I think he stays. He's king of the hill in his league, he's well paid and he controls midwest recruiting. If he comes into the ACC at UNC , well do they really even pay attention to that sport down there.

t.

Agreed. According to Goff in the Post, Porter was a candidate for the DC United job the time it went to Onalfo. I am sure the Akron AD probably got the hint and tied him down to a long-term contract, albeit I have no details. Not that it would stop Porter if somebody really rolled out the red carpet, but then he is not the only exciting young coach out there.

What got me was Bolowich telling the Daily Tar Heel that he was leaving to get better exposure at Creighton. He said:

"“It was just a matter of recognizement,” Elmar Bolowich said. “I had my hopes up that we would actually have many, many more spectators in the stands.”

Really? At a school with approx. 4,000 undergrad enrollment? What kind of crowds are they getting there? I really don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT