ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Mike F- Name dropping

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Have you heard the name of Colton Storm from Mechanicsburg PA with Maryland soccer recruiting for 2013? Midfielder whose very highly sought after. Figure u might of heard a connection with Maryland and if so where do the terps stand. Sasho has pretty good luck in PA over the years...

t.

Also Mike sometime ago you mentioned the name ...

Jordan Allen from NY. How are the Terps looking there.

Thanks ...

Storm Watch: U-17 NT

He is on the US U-17 national team, but aside from that, I only have what I saw in TopDrawerSoccer: they had Maryland at the top of a long list including: Clemson, Virginia, Duke, Tulsa, Boston College, Wake Forest, Penn State, Akron, & North Carolina, all of which means he probably is not close to a decision yet.

The TopDrawer guys have him as #3 in the region and #16 at all positions. He is a center mid who can score bigtime. Vamos a ver.....

Strange Situ

OK, so I googled his name to see if I could find a report -- I haven't heard anything through the grapevine -- so once again I get a hit on the TopDrawer page. I go to his list of college choices and there is a faded indication that he had verballed to UNC, but then there is a note in large bold letters that he did not acknowledge having a list of choices. I dunno if that is a soft verbal to UNC or he changed his mind, or some clown jumped the gun on a report or what. Will check it out.....

Re: Strange Situ

Don't read into the faded script of the "commit to North Carolina". Last year Top Drawer soccer had like 20 kids with the same faded script "commit to North Carolia". It's a bug in their system.

Let us know Mike if you find something out...thanks...

Maryland ThrowBall?

Not sure if you are asking me or TMAN but I'll bite: I think we are in deep kaka due to the injuries. I mean, its not just any players that are getting hurt. Gonnella out for the season; Kenny Tate and for how long? -- who else.? The WashPost report said Maryland's defense started the 2nd half with four freshman. This is not good.

And now we have a QB controversy -- or do we? I somehow cannot believe Danny O'B is not going to be the starter, regardless of CJ Brown's ability to run. Not unless the injuries have gotten so bad on the O-Line that the coaches decided we need a QB who can save himself.

Then there is the matter of the public statements that Edsall has made and the sharp -- and appropriate -- reaction that it drew from Tracee Hamilton in the Washington Post, among others, last week. Is there a danger of Edsall losing the locker room? I dunno. But if this is a problem it better be nipped in the bud and soon.

On the positive side, the Terp D performed far better than anyone could have reasonably expected and the team came within a touchdown on the final score. Is that a realistic snapshot of where Maryland is at, or did G-Tech go to sleep at certain points during the game, playing down to the level of their opposition? Again, I dunno. I wasn't there and I am not a ThrowBall guy. I follow Futbol Feminino y Masculino, La Cruz Feminina, y Hockee en La Cancha, etc etc. What do I know about this other stuff.

Another thing I gotta wonder: OK, so Maryland has trouble filling Byrd, but what's this about G-Tech not being able to fill their stadium, which is about the same capacity as ours? OK, so Maryland isn't Alabama, but we are a traditional rival and both teams needed the game. Are we that much of a basketball conference and will the entry of Pitt and the 'Cuse change anything? I doubt it.

My most honest, uncut, uncensored observation about Maryland ThrowBall? --- Midnight Madness is on Friday. Just my opinion.
This post was edited on 10/10 2:29 PM by Fekula

Well ccterp, I have a lot of views on the football but I try to keep things a little close to the vest as I want to see the whole season unfold. Between the injuries, the youth of the team, a new coach, a new system (as Mike F pointed out) it's hard to figure out this season. A lot of moving parts going on but first of all it's a tough schedule this year. Hell Wake Forest beat Florida State for cripes sake. Who would of thought of that. I can't figure out DOB slide though. Of course Quentin Mcree and Ronnie Tyler surely didn't help the offense. Ugh. With DOB slide, he doesn't have much of running game to support him. One thing that Edsal MUST get is a big tyme running back. Because I'll say this if you watch his teams at Connnecticut, he loves to run the ball first. Now since I've touched recruting, I had dinner with someone REALLY IN THE know on the recruiting pulse for Maryland and the wag is telling me that Edsal has 3 coaches in Florida scouring from Jacksonville down to Dade County. Of course he's (Edsal ) going to hit the locals but I'm glad to see he's down south because it ain't happening on the local scene only. Not now, not yesterday not tomorrow with the locals. Maryland needs their arses down south in the recruiting trail.

What he needs for the last 6 ships is 3 Dlinemen, 2 Olineman and 1 big time back. Can he get em, tough to do in his first year. I'm giving this current class a pass. Next year is where Edsal has to strike pay dirt on the recruiting trail.

I expect a good game on Saturday but Clemson has more athletes and for a change looks like they have a QB (first time in 5 years since Charlie Whitehurst).

T.

Thanks T.

I'd love to see a LaMont Jordan type back in Edsall's O or for you old timers...a Steve Atkins type...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT